Your post should contain two to three well-developed paragraphs using APA formatting, integrating two evidence-based resources to include clinical practice guidelines as well as the course textbook.
Read the scenario and answer the following questions:
R.S. is a 32-year-old Caucasian woman who seeks treatment for a vaginal discharge that she has had for the past month. She is sexually active and has had the same partner for the past 6 months. She reports noticing an odor, especially after sexual intercourse. Her history reveals that she has been using a commercial douche on a bi-weekly basis during the past year for hygienic purposes in an attempt to prevent vaginal infections. She denies any other associated symptoms.
The physical examination reveals a white vaginal discharge. Microscopic examination of the vaginal discharge shows clue cells, and the pH is 5.5.
Diagnosis: Bacterial Vaginosis
- List specific goals of treatment for this patient.
- What drug therapy would you prescribe? Why?
- What are the parameters for monitoring the success of the therapy?
- Discuss specific patient education based on the prescribed therapy.
- List one or two adverse reactions for the selected agent that would cause you to change therapy.
- What would be the choice for second-line therapy? Provide rationale
- What OTC or alternative medications would be appropriate for this patient?
- What dietary or lifestyle changes should be recommended?
- Describe one or two drug–drug or drug–food interaction for the selected agent.
Woo, Terri Moser and Robinson, Marylou V. (2020). Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice Nurse Prescribers. (5th ed.) Philadelphia, PA: F.A. Davis Company.
Get Help for All Your Academic Writing Assignments. We are here to make your academic life more successful and less stressful. Over 10 years, we deliver the promised services. Think wise, buy custom essay! Just tell us “Quickly write my essay!” and provide us with the details of the order and instructions – we will make sure it will be completed on time by our professional writing team
Are you finding it difficult to write your essays, research papers or term papers. Hold on – expert help is on the way!