Screening – Week 2: Genetic Testing: Colon, Prostate, Breast Cancer
- Your course faculty will supply you with a list of topics. Choose one of the topics to use for Week 2 Discussion Board.
- Next, choose a diagnostic or screening method (related to your choice from the list of health issues above). You may use one of the following web sites to locate a screening tool, a scholarly article, or a tool from a professional web site of your choice (for example, from the American Psychological Association). U.S. Preventative Services Task Force (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)
SAMHSA-HRSA (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)
- Reply to the following prompt:
- Describe the diagnostic or screening tool selected, its purpose, and what age group it targets.
- Has it been specifically tested in this age group?
- Next, discuss the predictive ability of the test. For instance, how do you know the test is reliable and valid? What are the reliability and validity values? What are the predictive values? Is it sensitive to measure what it has been developed to measure, for instance, HIV, or depression in older adults, or Lyme disease? Would you integrate this tool into your advanced practice based on the information you have read about the test, why or why not?
- You should include a minimum of two (2) scholarly articles from the last five (5) years (3 is recommended).
- Your work should have in-text citations integrating at a minimum one scholarly article and the course textbook. APA format should be utilized to include a reference list. Correct grammar, spelling, and APA should be adhered to when writing, work should be scholarly without personalization or first – person use. 1000 words
Reading about screening and surveillance. Ask yourself, what organizations are involved with various methods of surveillance at the state and national levels? What is the importance (and definition) of surveillance related to population health?
Also, in DB you will analyze a screening tool to include the validity data of the chosen tool.
Curley, A.L. & Vitale, P.A. (2016). Population-Based Nursing: Concepts and Competencies for Advanced Practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing.
Get Help for All Your Academic Writing Assignments. We are here to make your academic life more successful and less stressful. Over 10 years, we deliver the promised services. Think wise, buy custom essay! Just tell us “Quickly write my essay!” and provide us with the details of the order and instructions – we will make sure it will be completed on time by our professional writing team
Are you finding it difficult to write your essays, research papers or term papers. Hold on – expert help is on the way!