- Create progress notes
- Create privileged notes
- Justify the inclusion or exclusion of information in progress and privileged
- Reflect on the client family you selected for the Week 3 Practicum Assignment.
Part 1: Progress Note
Using the client family from your Week 3 Practicum Assignment, address in a progress note (without violating HIPAA regulations) the following:
- Treatment modality used and efficacy of approach
- Progress and/or lack of progress toward the mutually agreed-upon client goals (reference the treatment plan for progress toward goals)
- Modification(s) of the treatment plan that were made based on progress/lack of progress
- Clinical impressions regarding diagnosis and or symptoms
- Relevant psychosocial information or changes from original assessment (e.g., marriage, separation/divorce, new relationships, move to a new house/apartment, change of job)
- Safety issues
- Clinical emergencies/actions taken
- Medications used by the patient, even if the nurse psychotherapist was not the one prescribing them
- Treatment compliance/lack of compliance
- Clinical consultations
- Collaboration with other professionals (e.g., phone consultations with physicians, psychiatrists, marriage/family therapists)
- The therapist’s recommendations, including whether the client agreed to the recommendations
- Referrals made/reasons for making referrals
- Termination/issues that are relevant to the termination process (e.g., client informed of loss of insurance or refusal of insurance company to pay for continued sessions)
- Issues related to consent and/or informed consent for treatment
- Information concerning child abuse and/or elder or dependent adult abuse, including documentation as to where the abuse was reported
- Information reflecting the therapist’s exercise of clinical judgment
Note: Be sure to exclude any information that should not be found in a discoverable progress note.
Part 2: Privileged Note
Based on this week’s readings, prepare a privileged psychotherapy note that you would use to document your impressions of therapeutic progress/therapy sessions for your client family from the Week 3 Practicum Assignment.
In your progress note, address the following:
- Include items that you would not typically include in a note as part of the clinical record.
- Explain why the items you included in the privileged note would not be included in the client family’s progress note.
- Explain whether your preceptor uses privileged notes. If so, describe the type of information he or she might include. If not, explain why.
Get Help for All Your Academic Writing Assignments. We are here to make your academic life more successful and less stressful. Over 10 years, we deliver the promised services. Think wise, buy custom essay! Just tell us “Quickly write my essay!” and provide us with the details of the order and instructions – we will make sure it will be completed on time by our professional writing team
Are you finding it difficult to write your essays, research papers or term papers. Hold on – expert help is on the way!