This week you will examine the concept of protecting human subjects in research. The aim is to familiarize you with the ethical issues associated with research and gain firsthand information of the processes used to protect research participants.
Search YouTube for the following videos to review:
- Caring Corrupted: The Killing Nurses of the Third Reich
- Research Ethics involving Human Subjects
- The Belmont Report (Part One: Basic Ethical Principles)
- The Belmont Report (Part Two: Applying the Principles)
- Guiding Principles of Institutional Review Boards (IRB)
After viewing the videos, in a Microsoft Word document of 2-3 pages formatted in APA style, address the following criteria for each video:
- Describe one point from each video that you think is important regarding protecting human subjects in research.
- Your rationale for why you think the point you described is important.
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format. Helpful APA guides and resources are available in the South University Online Library. Below are guides that are located in the library and can be accessed and downloaded via the South University Online Citation Resources: APA Style page. The American Psychological Association website also provides detailed guidance on formatting, citations, and references at APA Style.
Get Help for All Your Academic Writing Assignments. We are here to make your academic life more successful and less stressful. Over 10 years, we deliver the promised services. Think wise, buy custom essay! Just tell us “Quickly write my essay!” and provide us with the details of the order and instructions – we will make sure it will be completed on time by our professional writing team
Are you finding it difficult to write your essays, research papers or term papers. Hold on – expert help is on the way!