SCHOOL-BASED HEALTH PROGRAMS AND HEALTH CARE SERVICES
For this assignment you will respond to questions regarding school health programs. Please answer these questions:
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of school-based health programs. Be sure to distinguish the difference between a basic, expanded and comprehensive school health program.
- List the 8 components of coordinated school health programs. How are they interconnected and why are they important.
- Define the roles of Education and Public Health Departments. Should Public health departments provide primary medical care? How “bright” is the line between public health and personal health within the context of public school district? Do they or should they overlap?
- Discuss the new directions of school-based health care services and the key programmatic characteristics of school-based health care services.
- Generally discuss how the Healthy People 2020 goal to “Increase the quality, availability, and effectiveness of educational and community-based programs designed to prevent disease and improve health and quality of life” impacts the role of education and public health departments to work with the schools.
Please submit your Case Assignment by the end of Module 3. Please refer to the Trident calendar for exact due dates. Please contact your instructor at any time should you have any questions.
- You are expected to consult the scholarly literature in preparing your paper; you are also expected to incorporate relevant background readings.
- Your paper should be written in your own words. This will enable your instructor to assess your level of understanding.
- In order to earn full credit, you must clearly show that you have read ALL required Background materials.
- Be sure to cite your references in the text of all papers and on the reference list at the end. For examples, look at the way the references are listed in the modules and on the Background reading list. Remember, any statement that you make that is not common knowledge or that originates from your synthesis or interpretation of materials you have read must have a citation associated with it. For guidelines on in-text citations, visit the following website: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/02/
- Proofread your paper to be sure grammar and punctuation are correct and that each part of the assignment has been addressed clearly and completely.
- Your assignment will not be graded until you have submitted an Originality Report with a Similarity Index (SI) score <15% (excluding direct quotes, quoted assignment instructions, and references). Papers not meeting this requirement by the end of the session will receive a score of 0 (grade of F). Papers with a lower SI score may be returned for revisions. For example, if one paragraph accounting for only 10% of a paper is cut and pasted, the paper could be returned for revision, despite the low SI score. Please use the report and your SI score as a guide to improve the originality of your work.
Length: Your paper should be 3-5 pages (double-spaced) in length, excluding title page and references.
Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable source of information.
Get Help for All Your Academic Writing Assignments. We are here to make your academic life more successful and less stressful. Over 10 years, we deliver the promised services. Think wise, buy custom essay! Just tell us “Quickly write my essay!” and provide us with the details of the order and instructions – we will make sure it will be completed on time by our professional writing team
Are you finding it difficult to write your essays, research papers or term papers. Hold on – expert help is on the way!