- Review the resources related to Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) and meaningful use objectives.
- Review the Criteria for Attestation.
- Consider your current workplace or a former workplace and reflect on how EHR implementation slows your work, including staffing issues, medication barcoding, or any other issues that you might encounter.
- Identify policy mandates and requirements and reflect on how informatics and EHR implementation affect your ability to meet those policy mandates and requirements.
- Identify other mandates (e.g., quality, safety, requirement of reporting) and reflect on how they may affect issues you identified.
By Day 3 of Week 10
Post a response that analyzes how policy mandates and requirements you experience might affect the issues you encounter as a practicing nurse informaticist. Be specific and provide examples. Next, analyze how evolving policies that may be implemented might affect issues you encounter in nursing practice, and explain why.
McBride, S., & Tietze, M. (2019). Nursing informatics for the advanced practice nurse: Patient safety, quality, outcomes, and interprofessionalism (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing.
Chapter 1, “Introduction to Health Information Technology in a Policy and Regulatory Environment” (pp. 2–17)
Chapter 12, “National Standards for Health Information Technology” (pp. 272–295)
Lye, C. T., Forman, H. P., Daniel, J. G., & Krumholz, H. M. (2018). The 21st Century Cures Act and electronic health records one year later: Will patients see the benefits? Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 25(9), 1218–1220.
Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology. (2017, May 15). Standard nursing terminologies: A landscape analysis. Washington, DC: Author. Retrieved from https://www.healthit.gov/sites/default/files/snt_final_05302017.pdf
Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology. (2019, February 20). Meaningful use and MACRA. Retrieved from https://www.healthit.gov/topic/meaningful-use-and-macra/meaningful-use-and-macra
Federal Register: The Daily Journal of the United States Government. (2016, May 5). Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) programs; Medicaid managed care, CHIP delivered in managed care, and revisions related to third party liability. Retrieved from https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2016/05/06/2016-09581/medicaid-and-childrens-health-insurance-program-chip-programs-medicaid-managed-care-chip-delivered
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade. (2019, April 25). Leapfrog hospital safety grade: Scoring methodology. Retrieved from https://www.hospitalsafetygrade.org/media/file/HospitalSafetyGrade_ScoringMethodology_Spring2019_FINAL.pdf
Get Help for All Your Academic Writing Assignments. We are here to make your academic life more successful and less stressful. Over 10 years, we deliver the promised services. Think wise, buy custom essay! Just tell us “Quickly write my essay!” and provide us with the details of the order and instructions – we will make sure it will be completed on time by our professional writing team
Are you finding it difficult to write your essays, research papers or term papers. Hold on – expert help is on the way!