Post a clinically relevant research question using the PICOT format. How did you arrive at this topic and question? Why is it important? ( “what are the new and appropriate wound care methods?” This question’s uniqueness is to develop an evidence-based practice supported with current knowledge about a proper and new way of wound care, treatment )
- Length: A minimum of 250 words, not including references
- Citations: At least one high-level scholarly reference in APA format from within the last 5 years
Please read below for guidelines and instructions.
See USU NUR Discussion Board Rubric for additional details and point weighting.PICOT stands for:
- Population/ Patient Problem: Who is your patient? (Disease or Health status, age, race, sex)
- Intervention: What do you plan to do for the patient? (Specific tests, therapies, medications)
- Comparison: What is the alternative to your plan? (ie. No treatment, different type of treatment, etc.)
- Outcome: What outcome do you seek? (Less symptoms, no symptoms, full health, etc.)
- Time: What is the time frame? (This element is not always included.)
Your PICOT question will fall under one of these types:
Use the PICOT format to break down your question into smaller parts and identify keywords:
Patient / Population
Intervention / Indicator
Compare / Control
Time / Type of Study or Question
Who are the relevant patients? Think about age, sex, geographic location, or specific characteristics that would be important to your question.What is the management strategy, diagnostic test, or exposure that you are interested in?Is there a control or alternative management strategy you would like to compare to the intervention or indicator?What are the patient-relevant consequences of the intervention?What time periods should be considered? What study types are most likely to have the information you seek? What clinical domain does your question fall under?
If you have questions, let me know
The clinic questions are very doable capstone projects. Prior students have pursued both. An interesting blog on wound care in 2020: https://www.todayswoundclinic.com/articles/how-wound-care-may-change-better-and-worse-2020
Get Help for All Your Academic Writing Assignments. We are here to make your academic life more successful and less stressful. Over 10 years, we deliver the promised services. Think wise, buy custom essay! Just tell us “Quickly write my essay!” and provide us with the details of the order and instructions – we will make sure it will be completed on time by our professional writing team
Are you finding it difficult to write your essays, research papers or term papers. Hold on – expert help is on the way!