Please note that if you edit your initial response (Original Post), you will not get credit for the Original Post. The discussions are set up as “Must post first”.
You are expected to make your own contribution in a main topic as well as respond with value added comments to at least two of your classmates as well as to your instructor.
Please also note that your answers should be written in your own words. Don’t use quotes from the Internet, articles, or textbooks.
For this week discussion you will be using
In your initial response you should answer the main question: If you are an investor who is looking for a corporate bond to invest to, are you going to buy a bond that you chose? To answer this question you should complete three steps:
1). Copy the bond’s quotation from the website.
2). Describe the main elements of the bond:
- Coupon rate
- Calculate annual coupon payment (assuming face value $1,000)
- What is the frequency of coupon payments of the bond? If the frequency is greater than 1, how much is payment is going to be?
- Rating. Explain the meaning of rating.
- The last price listed in quotation
- How much the investor would pay for the bond assuming $1,000 face value and using the last price listed in quotation?
- Calculate the current yield of the bond assuming that par value of the bond is $1,000
- How much is the YTM listed in quotations is for the bond? Explain the meaning of YTM.
- Is the bond callable or not? If the bond that you chose is callable (non-callable), will it change your decision to buy it?
To find the information on bonds, click on Search in the middle of the screen, under Quick Search type the Issuer Name and the Symbol, and click SHOW RESULTS.
Another useful website on bond information is https://markets.businessinsider.com/bonds. To find the information on bonds, scroll down the page, type the name of the company in the window under Bond Finder, and click SEARCH.
3) Take a look at the balance sheet and income statement of the company. What data or ratios support your decision to buy this bond or not? You should develop a specific recommendation, with supporting rationale to explain your answer.
Reflection – the students also should include a paragraph in the initial response in their own words reflecting on specifically what they learned from the assignment and how they think they could apply what they learned in the workplace.
In your responses to other students you should answer the question: Would you prefer to buy the bond issued by the company chosen by another student? You should develop a specific recommendation, with supporting rationale to explain your answer.
Get Help for All Your Academic Writing Assignments. We are here to make your academic life more successful and less stressful. Over 10 years, we deliver the promised services. Think wise, buy custom essay! Just tell us “Quickly write my essay!” and provide us with the details of the order and instructions – we will make sure it will be completed on time by our professional writing team
Are you finding it difficult to write your essays, research papers or term papers. Hold on – expert help is on the way!