1. Identify two of the normal common changes of aging related to the heart
a. list one appropriate nursing intervention for each of the changes noted.
Digestion and Bowel Elimination
2. Describe one normal age-related changes of digestion and elimination in the older adult
a. Describe the impact on health functions related to your choice in point 1.
Part 2: Physiology
1. Analyze how calcium and phosphate are hormonally regulated
2. describe the pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, evaluation and treatments for hypercalcemia and hypocalcemia.
Part 3: Physiology 2
1. Discuss the inherited disorders familial adenomatous polyposis and hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer,
a. Their prevalence, responsible genes,
b. screening recommendations for those confirmed with the inherited gene.
Part 4: Pharamacology
1. Discuss the development of new drugs in the United States as compared to other countries
2. evaluate the pharmacoeconomic issues that lead to high prescription costs in the United States.
Part 5: Pharamacology 2
There are several drug classifications (e.g., benzodiazepines, ACE inhibitors).
1. Choose a classification (benzodiazepines) and one drug within that classification
a. Discuss the pharmacological aspects of this particular drug.
b. Give examples of how and when this drug is used.
Part 6: NURS 510 Policy Organization and Financing 1
Discuss your position regarding access to and coverage for health care.
1. Are we obligated to provide access to and coverage for health care for all Americans as an entitlement (a right), or should health care be considered a commodity that is subject to the influences of economic, social, and market demand (supply and demand)?
a. Give an example.
Part 7: NURS 510 Policy Organization and Financing 2
1. What are the barriers to nurses’ participation in the development of health care policy at the state or national level or in an organization in the United States?
2. Why do you think these are barriers?
a. give a rationale or example.
Part 8: Nursing Role and Scope
1. Reflect about the ethical theories and approaches in Chapter 4 (See file) and the moral conflicts you have experienced in the past.
2. Have you used one of these approaches to resolving conflict?
3. Which theory or approach have you used and why?
Part 9: Physical Assessment 1
See PPT Ch07
The nurse is completing a cardiovascular assessment on a patient diagnosed with orthostatic hypotension.
1. Identify what can result in a false high or false low blood pressure reading.
Based on specific medical conditions, the nurse may assess variations in vital signs.
2. Discuss medical conditions that are associated with variations in a person’s vital signs.
Part 10: Physical Assessment 2
See PPT Ch09
The nurse is caring for a 60-year-old patient diagnosed with a cervical spinal cord injury in the ICU.
1. Discuss potential risk factors for pressure ulcers in this patient population and others.
Search http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=2173506 for the 2015 recommendations for treatment of pressure ulcers.
2. Discuss the findings in relation to what is the current practice in your hospital facility.
Get Help for All Your Academic Writing Assignments. We are here to make your academic life more successful and less stressful. Over 10 years, we deliver the promised services. Think wise, buy custom essay! Just tell us “Quickly write my essay!” and provide us with the details of the order and instructions – we will make sure it will be completed on time by our professional writing team
Are you finding it difficult to write your essays, research papers or term papers. Hold on – expert help is on the way!