In your upcoming Advanced Practice Nursing Practicum and Culminating Experience courses, you will be asked to develop a change project and to implement this project in the field. To review the early steps in the research process, we have developed a mini-practice research assignment to prepare you. During this lesson, you will use the PICOT questioning format/formula to develop an answerable research question. All elements are listed below:
- P: Population/disease (age, gender, ethnicity, disorder)
- I: Intervention or variable of interest (exposure to a disease, risk behavior, prognostic factor)
- C: Comparison (a placebo or “business as usual” such as no disease, absence of risk factor, or prognostic factor B)
- O: Outcome (risk of disease, accuracy of a diagnosis, rate of occurrence of adverse outcome)
- T: Time (the time it takes to demonstrate an outcome; e.g., the time it takes for the intervention to achieve an outcome or how long participants are observed)
Prepare an evidence-based practice (EBP) presentation on a topic of your choice that is relevant to advanced nursing practice education, leadership, quality improvement, or change.
Your presentation should include:
- Identification of an advanced practice nursing issue or practice problem of concern
- Design a research question using the PICOT format
- A brief literature review and findings related to best practices with at least three scholarly resources cited in APA (6th ed.) format
- Plan, Do, Study, Act Process that could be used
- Any implications that the investigation might have for nursing practice
- Your presentation—created using the Kaltura recording tool—should include, audio, video, and either an integrated PowerPoint presentation or a recording using visual aids
Get Help for All Your Academic Writing Assignments. We are here to make your academic life more successful and less stressful. Over 10 years, we deliver the promised services. Think wise, buy custom essay! Just tell us “Quickly write my essay!” and provide us with the details of the order and instructions – we will make sure it will be completed on time by our professional writing team
Are you finding it difficult to write your essays, research papers or term papers. Hold on – expert help is on the way!