In this Discussion, you are to examine the definition of domestic terrorism and consider each of its components. Why do you think a community is or is not at risk for such acts of violence? What preventive measures could you recommend to improve the safety of your community? Is preventing domestic terrorism through environmental design (e.g., TSA, metal detectors, building border walls, CCTV) sufficient to deter would-be assassins? What are ramifications of implementing heightened security measures? Review one of the public mass murder cases. How might that particular incident been prevented or at least minimized?
In this Discussion you will address the sociological impact of domestic terrorism.
- Analyze the definition and components of domestic terrorism from the Learning Resources.
- Choose a case from the headlines (within the last 2 years) where there was some sort of mass violence.
- If you are unable to find an acceptable case, choose one of the following from the Week 9 Case Studies found in the Week 9 Resources area:
- Aurora, Colorado movie theater shooting
- Sandy Hook school shooting
- San Bernardino mass shooting
- Ft. Hood shooting
- Do a mini literature search on the topic (2–3 articles).
- Identify the case you selected.
- Answer the following questions:
- Based on your research, do you think that your selected topic was a case of domestic terrorism? Support your answer with evidence.
- What is the sociological impact of domestic terrorism?
- Explain using evidence.
Get Help for All Your Academic Writing Assignments. We are here to make your academic life more successful and less stressful. Over 10 years, we deliver the promised services. Think wise, buy custom essay! Just tell us “Quickly write my essay!” and provide us with the details of the order and instructions – we will make sure it will be completed on time by our professional writing team
Are you finding it difficult to write your essays, research papers or term papers. Hold on – expert help is on the way!