Final Project: Critical Thinking and Ethics
For this assignment, you will create a research paper. This project involving professionals from academic and student affairs, and students, to design a strategy for the teaching, learning, and assessment of critical thinking (one of five common student learning outcomes for undergraduates) that integrates academic and student affairs. The project will be 5-10 pages long, including the title page and reference page.
ASSIGNMENT GUIDELINES ( 2 points/ 10%):
Students will generate a model that can be used at Florida-State and elsewhere for the integration of academic and student affairs in the teaching/learning/assessment of general education outcomes (for instance, ethical reasoning, social responsibility, or human diversity)
|EACH PAPER SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:|
1. Introduction (5 points / 25%) Provide a brief synopsis of the Importance of critical thinking (not a description), in your own words.
2. Plan of research and supporting investigation sources (10 points / 50%)
a. Your paper will include the following:
· Can our students (mostly 1st-year) apply the process of critical thinking to an event or experience outside of the classroom?
· Does the inclusion of a practice writing on critical thinking result in better performance by students than those who did not have the practice?
· Do students with specific characteristics (for instance, entering ACT, transfer hours, race/ethnicity, sex) perform better on these tasks than others?
Is there a correlation between performance on the writing assignment and college life?
The research design will focus on the introduction into already existing classes the completion of a standardized test, critical thinking instruction and practice (1/2 students), and a common assignment that will be scored using a common rubric( ACT, FCAT, SAT, EOC, or college entering exam ). All students will complete a writing assignment in which they apply critical thinking to an event or experience outside the classroom.
The intent is to have this project serve as a model for the integration of student affairs and academic affairs for the teaching, learning, and assessment of broad “general education” outcomes.
3. Conclusion ( 3 point/ 15%)
Briefly recapitulate your thoughts & conclusion to your research. How did this impact your thoughts on Critical Thinking?
The evaluation will be based on how you respond to the above, in particular:
a) The clarity with which you consolidate, establish and apply your research.
b) The depth, scope, and organization of your paper.
c) Your conclusions, including a description of your opinion of critical thinking after you finish this class.
Get Help for All Your Academic Writing Assignments. We are here to make your academic life more successful and less stressful. Over 10 years, we deliver the promised services. Think wise, buy custom essay! Just tell us “Quickly write my essay!” and provide us with the details of the order and instructions – we will make sure it will be completed on time by our professional writing team
Are you finding it difficult to write your essays, research papers or term papers. Hold on – expert help is on the way!