RUA: Evidence-Based Practice Change Group Project Guidelines NR449_RUA_Evidence-Based_Practice_Change_Group_Project_Guidelines
The Group Presentation is the final of the three assignments in this course. It builds upon and utilizes information gathered and reported in the first two assignments.
The purpose of this assignment is two-fold: a) to provide a solution to a clinical problem using the EBP process, and b) to demonstrate presentation skills for a group of peers.
Course outcomes: This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO 1: Examine the sources of knowledge that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO 7)
CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 and 8)
CO 3: Identify ethical issues common to research involving human subjects. (PO 6)
CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and clinical significance related to evidence-based practice. (POs 4 and 8)
CO 5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (POs 7 and 8)
Due date: Your faculty member will inform you when this assignment is due. The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment. Total points possible: 240 points
Preparing the assignment (Online Students Only)
1. Follow these guidelines when completing this online assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
a. Presentations will give a brief overview of the topic, followed by examples of how the topic influences or assists the nursing profession.
b. Each student will contribute two to three slides for the group presentation.
c. The final presentation will consist of 10–12 PowerPoint slides and may include handouts, if applicable.
Preparing the assignment (Campus Students Only)
1. Follow these guidelines when completing this on-campus assignment. Speak with your faculty member if you have questions.
a. Each group will have 15 minutes to present on their topic.
b. Presentations will give a brief overview of the topic, followed by examples of how the topic influences or assists the nursing profession.
c. Each student will have an opportunity to present (speak).
d. Each student will contribute two to three slides for the group presentation.
e. Students will be prepared to have 10–12 PowerPoint slides and may include handouts, if applicable.
2. Include the following sections:
a. Content (125 points/52%)
• Identification of problem and impact on nursing practice.
• Clearly describe the research process, including what went well, barriers encountered, and what is still needed.
• Correlates research findings to identified clinical issue.
• Summarizes validity of qualitative and quantitative evidence.
• Findings are clearly identified.
• Recommends practice change with measurable outcomes and addresses feasibility issues.
• Suggestions for implementation.
b. Delivery (40 points/17%)
• Follows guidelines for a professional PowerPoint presentation. Speak directly with faculty for online Canvas submission process.
• Evidence of participation by all group members.
(Campus Students Only)
• Follows guidelines for a professional PowerPoint presentation.
• Verbal delivery with good volume, pitch, and inflection for all group members.
• Physical delivery with professional dress, good posture, facial expression with eye contact, and enthusiasm is present for all group members.
• All group members effectively use notes and do not read from slides.
• Participation by all group members.
c. Slide Presentation (60 points/25% distributed as shown) • Title slide including group members
• Introductory slide with the clinical problem
• Additional slides illustrating key points
• Conclusion slide
• Reference slide in current APA format
• Effective balance of color, graphics, words, and space
• Slide limit: 10–12, inclusive of introduction and references ***Optional handouts may be included to provide information for the audience to keep.
d. Peer Evaluation (15 points/6%)
• Completed peer evaluation with respectful and constructive feedback.
• Equal work: Did equal share of work.
• Teamwork: Took the initiative in helping get the group organized.
• Communication: Provided ideas for the development of the presentation.
• Team membership skills: Assisted group members.
• Time: Met all deadlines.
For writing assistance (APA, formatting, or grammar) visit the APA Citation and Writing page in the online library.
Please note that your instructor may provide you with additional assessments in any form to determine that you fully understand the concepts learned in the review module.
Get Help for All Your Academic Writing Assignments. We are here to make your academic life more successful and less stressful. Over 10 years, we deliver the promised services. Think wise, buy custom essay! Just tell us “Quickly write my essay!” and provide us with the details of the order and instructions – we will make sure it will be completed on time by our professional writing team
Are you finding it difficult to write your essays, research papers or term papers. Hold on – expert help is on the way!