Nurse leaders have many opportunities to develop innovative organizational projects. For this assessment, you will assume the role of a nurse leader who is interested in starting a new service line. The proposed project can be any service that is related to providing nursing care in an area of need.
Here are a few examples of the for organizational growth:
• wellness centers providing coaching and physical and mental health services
• vascular access care services
• wound care services
• diabetes education services
• care coordination for supervising and evaluating interdisciplinary care services
• home health and hospice services
These varied examples demonstrate the impact that nurse leaders make on healthcare delivery.
In this task, you will use the attached “Service Plan template” to develop a service plan brief. Using an interprofessional approach, you will explain the need for a service idea and present the results of various business analyses to determine the feasibility of starting a new service line within an organization. Use the information provided in the course to complete the analyses required in this assessment and to determine an area of need.
Complete the following using the attached “Service Plan Brief” template to support the area of need you have identified:
A. Provide an introduction to your service idea that includes the following:
1. Describe your service idea and the purpose of the service.
2. Explain why the service will be important to the population it will serve.
B. Provide a market analysis that includes the following factors:
• the target population
• potential referral bases
• potential competitors for the planned service
C. Using an interprofessional approach, analyze the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) to the service.
• four internal factors that are potential strengths of the service idea
• four internal factors that are potential weaknesses of the service idea
• four external factors that are potential opportunities for the service idea
• four external factors that are potential threats to the service idea
1. Discuss how the results of this SWOT analysis could be used to maximize opportunities and minimize threats.
D. Perform a cost-benefit analysis of the service idea that identifies three costs and three benefits for each of the following areas:
• the organization
• the client/patient
• the staff
E. Complete a risk assessment that describes five risks that may adversely affect the success of the service plan.
1. Discuss the overall results of the risk assessment and strategies that could be used to minimize each of the five identified risks.
F. Analyze the financial projections of the service plan. Include the following in your analysis:
• A discussion of the revenue projections for the first year
• An explanation of the methods that will be used to generate revenue for the service
1. Discuss the financial payers for the service.
a. Graph how you predict the service will grow.
Note: To draw the graph, you may use one or a combination of the following:
– A spreadsheet program, such as Excel (*.xls)
– A graphics program, such as Paint (*.jpeg, *.gif)
– A word-processing program, such as Word (*.rtf)
– A scanned hand-drawn graph (*.jpeg, *.gif)
G. Provide an operational expense budget including a description of personnel expenses and other-than-personnel expenses.
1. Create a pie chart of personnel and other-than-personnel (OTP) expenses.
H. Explain key performance indicators (KPIs) of the service idea by doing the following:
1. Describe a KPI from each of the following areas that will be used to measure the success of the project:
2. Describe how each KPI will be measured and how often.
3. Discuss how the KPIs could guide future decisions regarding the service project plan.
4. Discuss two strategies could be used to improve staff performance and interprofessional collaboration.
I. Outline a project plan of start-up tasks and timelines for the service that includes the following:
• 10 tasks that should be completed before the launch of the service line
• the title of the individual who will be responsible for completing each task
• the timeline for each task
J. Provide an executive summary that includes summaries of the following aspects:
• the service idea
• the results of the market analysis
• the results of the SWOT analysis
• the feasibility of the service idea (i.e., the cost-benefit analysis and risk assessment)
Note: Use the research completed in parts A–I to complete the executive summary.
K. Include a reference page at the end of the report that lists at least 10 references to academically appropriate sources used to complete this task.
L. Submit your business plan template in , including but not limited to, the title page, headers, in-text citations, and references.
M. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of the submission. For more information on Developing Innovative Organizational Projects see this:
Get Help for All Your Academic Writing Assignments. We are here to make your academic life more successful and less stressful. Over 10 years, we deliver the promised services. Think wise, buy custom essay! Just tell us “Quickly write my essay!” and provide us with the details of the order and instructions – we will make sure it will be completed on time by our professional writing team
Are you finding it difficult to write your essays, research papers or term papers. Hold on – expert help is on the way!