42-year-old man presents to ED with 2-day history of dysuria, low back pain, inability to fully empty his bladder, severe perineal pain along with fevers and chills. He says the pain is worse when he stands up and is somewhat relieved when he lies down. Vital signs T 104.0 F, pulse 138, respirations 24. PaO2 96% on room air. Digital rectal exam (DRE) reveals the prostate to be enlarged, extremely tender, swollen, and warm to touch.
Please respond only to the prompts or questions relating to this case. For example, the anemia prompts do not correlate with this case.
McCance, K. L. & Huether, S. E. (2019). Pathophysiology: The biologic basis for disease in adults and children (8th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby/Elsevier.
· Chapter 24: Structure and Function of the Reproductive Systems (stop at Tests of reproductive function); Summary Review
· Chapter 25: Alterations of the Female Reproductive System (stop at Organ prolapse); pp. 787–788 (start at Impaired fertility) (stop at Disorders of the female breast); Summary Review
· Chapter 26: Alterations of the Male Reproductive System (stop at Hormone levels); Summary Review
· Chapter 27: Sexually Transmitted Infections, including Summary Review
· Chapter 28: Structure and Function of the Hematological System (stop at Clinical evaluation of the hematological system); Summary Review
· Chapter 29: Alterations of Erythrocytes, Platelets, and Hemostatic Function, including Summary Review
· Chapter 30: Alterations of Leukocyte and Lymphoid Function, including Summary Review
An understanding of the factors surrounding women’s and men’s health, infections, and hematologic disorders can be critically important to disease diagnosis and treatment in these areas. This importance is magnified by the fact that some diseases and disorders manifest differently based on the sex of the patient.
Effective disease analysis often requires an understanding that goes beyond the human systems involved. The impact of patient characteristics, as well as racial and ethnic variables, can also have an important impact..
An understanding of the symptoms of alterations in systems based on these characteristics is a critical step in diagnosis and treatment of many diseases. For APRNs, this understanding can also help educate patients and guide them through their treatment plans.
In this Assignment, you examine a case study and analyze the symptoms presented. You identify the elements that may be factors in the diagnosis, and you explain the implications to patient health.
Assignment ( 2-pages case study analysis)
In your Case Study Analysis related to the scenario provided, explain the following:
- The factors that affect fertility (STDs).
- Why inflammatory markers rise in STD/PID.
- Why prostatitis and infection happens. Also explain the causes of systemic reaction.
- Why a patient would need a splenectomy after a diagnosis of ITP.
- Anemia and the different kinds of anemia (i.e., micro and macrocytic).
Get Help for All Your Academic Writing Assignments. We are here to make your academic life more successful and less stressful. Over 10 years, we deliver the promised services. Think wise, buy custom essay! Just tell us “Quickly write my essay!” and provide us with the details of the order and instructions – we will make sure it will be completed on time by our professional writing team
Are you finding it difficult to write your essays, research papers or term papers. Hold on – expert help is on the way!